Looking for a way to have some fun with your kids? Or if you just love penguins, here is an easy way to make a regular ice cream bar even more fun! Not that ice cream really needs any help…
Penguin Ice Cream Bars from Handmade Charlotte
Chocolate Covered Ice Cream Bars (as many as you would like to make, those with a curved top make a more convincing penguin but any bar would work)
Candy Eyes (two for each bar)
Orange Slice Candy (only a couple should work out for quite few depending on how you cut them)
Oreos – cookie halves removed (each whole oreo makes wings for two bars)
White Candy Melts (one bag should be enough unless you are making a lot)
1. Wait to remove the ice cream bars from your freezer until you have everything prepared.
2. Take the oreos and remove the cream center. Cut each cookie half down the center with a knife to make the wings for your penguin.
3. Make beaks for your penguins by cutting the Orange Slice into triangles with kitchen scissors.
4. Melt 6 ounces of the candy melts in a microwave safe dish, and put into a small piping bag or squeeze bottle.
5. Remove ice cream bars from freezer and remove from individual packaging.
6. Using the candy melt draw a large oval on the front lower portion of the bar to be the penguins tummy.
7. Use the candy melt to attach the wings, eyes and beak by dabbing on the back of each and then pressing lightly onto the bar.
8. Place the bars back into the freezer to set up before serving.
These are super cute, great for parties or just because!