Designer dogs or hybrid dogs, crossing two pure bred dogs, are incredibly popular these days. There are many different crosses which now have almost standard names of their own and you can easily find puppies of these varieties. However, exact names do vary as do the resulting puppies appearances and temperaments.
Pure bred dogs have a written standard against which individual dogs are judged and usually only those that match well are bred on to ensure the breed remains consistent. Bringing home a purebred dog means that you generally know the dogs personality based on breed, size, energy level, instinctual abilities (like tracking, pointing, digging, etc.) and if they make good family pets. Of course every individual is different, but you have a sound idea of what you are getting if the breeding has been good. Designer dogs attempt to take the best attributes of two breeds and get a consistent outcome in their puppies that has the best of both parents.
It is argued that this craze for crossbreds began with the Labradoodle, first bred in Australia by crossing the Labrador retriever (intelligent and easily trained) with the Poodle (intelligent and has a nonsheadding coat) to be an allergy friendly guide dog.
Today I am featuring poodle designer dog crosses – dogs that now have doodle in their name. Here are pictures of common poodle crosses:
1. Labradoodle – Labrador Retriever and Standard Poodle
2. Goldendoodle – Golden Retriever mixed with Standard Poodle
3. Aussiedoodle – Australian Shepherd and Standard Poodle
4. Airedoodle – Airedale Terrier and Standard Poodle
5. Bernedoodle – Bernese Mountain Dog and Poodle
6. Bordoodle — Border Collie and Poodle
7. Boxerdoodle — Boxer and Poodle
8. Cadoodle — Collie and Poodle
9. Doodleman Pincher — Doberman and Poodle
10. Irish doodle — Irish Setter and Poodle
11. Pyredoodle — Great Pyrenees and Poodle
12. Saint Berdoodle — Saint Bernard and Poodle
13. Sheepadoodle —
14. Sheltidoodle — Sheltie and Poodle
15. Shepadoodle — German Shepherd and poodle
16. Springerdoodle — English Springer Spaniel and Poodle
17. Weimardoodle –Weimaraner and Poodle